kennethtancy

Letting my dear XF go

Haizzzz... my dear XF is leaving by end of July.... just signed on the dotted line.

a victim of singapore high COE and PARF system, car was still good and all singing and dancing... but crunching numbers just made sense to let it go.

replacement is a 7 seater KIA sorrento GT. 

maybe in 1-2yrs after i drop the other car i will return for a Jag 2 seater..... I love the Jag.

Haizzzz... my dear XF is leaving by end of July.... just signed on the dotted line.

a victim of singapore high COE and PARF system, car was still good and all singing and dancing... but crunching numbers just made sense to let it go.

maybe in 1-2yrs after i drop the other car i will return for a Jag 2 seater..... I love the Jag.

:(  :(  :(

Even then must continue to join us for gtg Bro!

no worries  and dun say that.... my car was bought during high COE days ie approx 90k, my car was bought at 230k.

by selling it at 5yr mark i get maximum PARF back and COE at 5yrs returns me close to 45k.

coincidentally current new COE are at 50-55k.

so logic prevail that if i continue i have a high depreciation car for 5yrs or sell it and just the COE rebate alone i can nearly get a new 10yr COE.

PARF at 5 yrs is max and will go on a sliding scale till the end. so unless there is a robust 2nd hand market over paying for used Jags, it will be on a sliding scale every year till the end and  all i get is a portion of the OMV thats all.. 

no worries  and dun say that.... my car was bought during high COE days ie approx 90k, my car was bought at 230k.
by selling it at 5yr mark i get maximum PARF back and COE at 5yrs returns me close to 45k.
coincidentally current new COE are at 50-55k.
so logic prevail that if i continue i have a high depreciation car for 5yrs or sell it and just the COE rebate alone i can nearly get a new 10yr COE.
PARF at 5 yrs is max and will go on a sliding scale till the end. so unless there is a robust 2nd hand market over paying for used Jags, it will be on a sliding scale every year till the end and  all i get is a portion of the OMV thats all.. 
I am in the same situation as you, where my COE is about $80k iirc. Thinking of switching out (and to your pt I can extend for another 5 yrs with the coe rebate) . Decision decision!

If u don't mind, can pm how much you sold your car?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk