GWST

Interval for Maintenance XF D2.2

My FXD2.2 is now 2 years plus. For Diesel model, the manual  requires engine service every 12 month or 26000KM,  which ever arrives earlier.  I am doing about 9000KM every year only, so in the first  two years , I did services by Wearnes  when it reaches  immediately 12 months as I understand if I didn't comply to this , the car's warranty will be void by Wearnes. I paid S$600 and S$920 for the first two times annual maintenance to  Wearnes for the two regular maintenance without  parts but only  engine oil replacement     

I am now thinking of using alternative workshop for the maintenance after 3rd years when warranty period expires .

Given my relatively short mileage ( around 1000oKM/year) but driving the car everyday for work,  can I  prolong the maintenance interval to till say 18 months ? Guidance would be appreciated ! thanks.

I'm more curious about why you opted for the diesel when your mileage is so low?

Anyways, best to send your car for maintenance checks every 12 months, dont be penny wise and pound foolish

My FXD2.2 is now 2 years plus. For Diesel model, the manual  requires engine service every 12 month or 26000KM,  which ever arrives earlier.  I am doing about 9000KM every year only, so in the first  two years , I did services by Wearnes  when it reaches  immediately 12 months as I understand if I didn't comply to this , the car's warranty will be void by Wearnes. I paid S$600 and S$920 for the first two times annual maintenance to  Wearnes for the two regular maintenance without  parts but only  engine oil replacement     

I am now thinking of using alternative workshop for the maintenance after 3rd years when warranty period expires .

Given my relatively short mileage ( around 1000oKM/year) but driving the car everyday for work,  can I  prolong the maintenance interval to till say 18 months ? Guidance would be appreciated ! thanks.

come join us at the July GTG to find out more.

what is GTG Sir?  and where could I  find more details info about it?

oops , I noticed the GTG info in above . Going to Wearnes to discuss how to dump their service. will I be scold  ? :-)

the XF is a pretty reliable car. personally i feel the serviciing interval of 1 year too far apart, especially since start stop driving is considered harsh driving style.

i service every 6 months outside (at a friend's workshop, so damn easy with the right equipment, and neat too. its using suction), just a basic oil change (re-use back the filter since its only 6 months). not more than $200, using C1 spec oil. this is the important thing to take note of. DO NOT USE other grades or you gonna screw up your DPF and that's gonna be afew K repair bill.

no worries. but do note C1 engine oil is a major pain in the ass to find haha.

okay. so  when sending her for outside workshop for maintenance, first thing to ask would be if C1 engine oil is used or not ?! 

the XF is a pretty reliable car. personally i feel the serviciing interval of 1 year too far apart, especially since start stop driving is considered harsh driving style.

i service every 6 months outside (at a friend's workshop, so damn easy with the right equipment, and neat too. its using suction), just a basic oil change (re-use back the filter since its only 6 months). not more than $200, using C1 spec oil. this is the important thing to take note of. DO NOT USE other grades or you gonna screw up your DPF and that's gonna be afew K repair bill.

Hi Icebear,

I just collected my XE 2.0D. SE recommend to do oil change at 35k interval. And am pretty uncofrmtable with the servicing interval. Am opting where to do oil change outside of wearnes unwilling to do it. Mind to share WS?

Hi Icebear,

I just collected my XE 2.0D. SE recommend to do oil change at 35k interval. And am pretty uncofrmtable with the servicing interval. Am opting where to do oil change outside of wearnes unwilling to do it. Mind to share WS?

within first 3 years , if you don't do the services with Wearnes, the makers warranty would be voided ....this is my understanding though .... 

what is GTG Sir?  and where could I  find more details info about it?

oops , I noticed the GTG info in above . Going to Wearnes to discuss how to dump their service. will I be scold  ? :-)

we do get together (GTG) once in a while. Usually monthly. The last month GTG was at Bukit Timah Spruce. This month we doing it at Wearnes.  

On 6/28/2017 at 5:54 PM, icebear said:

Hi icebear,

Could you share the details of the workshop which you mentioned? 

Thanks! 

Hi,

If I send my XF to other workshop for regular/annual service after the first two years service by Wearnes,  ( I have done the first 2 years with wearnes ,  now thinking of using an external workshop for third time after expiring of 3 years warranty period ). will the external workshop only do a normal service ( e.g. change engine oil etc) and  fix problems you tell them based on your driving experience and observation ? or they will make proper checking to the car and recommend  necessary preventative maintenance based on the condition of the car and their finding.

I am asking  this because I believe Wearnes has a record about a car under their service so they have standard and procedure to do the services and change the wear and tear parts. For an outside workshop , I am wondering how they will handle our  car sent to them when initial 2  - 3 years services are not done by them but from Wearnes ?

Appreciate seniors advice... tks